Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 9, Day 1.... Check!

So as I have mentioned, I am doing the "couch to 5k" training program.  I started back in the beginning of June.... and could barely run three minutes.  This morning Carrie and I completed week 9, day 1, 5 minute warm up, run 30 minutes, 5 minute cool down.  After the 30 minute run we had gone 2.94 miles!  With the 5 minute cool down we did 3.25 miles in a total of 40 minutes (10 minutes total of walking between the warm up and cool down).  Next we need to try 35 minutes of running, and try to get the whole 3 miles in there.  I have to say, I am pretty excited, and proud, I wasn't sure I would get this far!!  We are even talking about training for a 10k!

Now that I have the run out of the way, I am going to meet Kayle for stadiums at 8:00.  Hopefully I can find some more energy, or I might be sitting at the bottom cheering her on!  Then tonight is Muscle conditioning with Danielle!  Busy work out day, love it!

Yesterday I was able to find the tiniest bit of energy and motivation, just enough for one work out, but it was a good one!  Katie came over and we did an interval routine here at the house.  45 minutes of pretty high intensity stuff. I need to write up a few more so I have some variation.  I have done that one a few times now, don't want to get bored...

I did really well sticking to my stricter plan yesterday! One day at a time!

  I had:

Breakfast
Atkins oatmeal bar and an Americano

Lunch
10 slices of light salami
1 light laughing cow cheese - garlic herb
2 pickles
3 Russel Stover's sugar free chocolate truffles

Snacks
Babybel cheese
Sugar free popsicle
2 pieces of turkey bacon

Dinner
Flat out pizza (1/2)
-pesto
-mozzarella
-chicken
-mushrooms
-olives
-artichoke hearts
Salad
-romaine
-mushrooms
-parmesan
-ranch

Today so far I have had an "Absolute Zero Monster" and 2 slices of turkey bacon. When I get back from stadiums I plan to have a protien shake. I have a lunch date with my Hubby at In-n-Out this afternoon, so I will have a lettuce wrapped burger for lunch, and I will either have my left over pizza for dinner, or I will make Chili Relleno Casserole.

I might save this to make tomorrow, but either way, here is the recipe,


My changes:
Only use the condensed milk, omit regular milk
add an extra egg
add 1 lb browned ground beef
enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce
top with olives and green onions

It was a hit last time I made it, Katie suggested using cream instead of the condensed milk for less carbs, so I think I will give that a shot as well.

Well, it's stadium time, like it or not!  Happy Tuesday Everyone!

motivation


No comments:

Post a Comment