Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Strong.




I have been going to the same gym since I started this "project", it'll be 2 years in February.  So a lot of other people that have been there awhile have seen me in all the stages of this journey.  Recently a lot of ladies (it's an all women gym, love it) have been nice enough to compliment my progress and let me know that they have noticed.  It is nice to hear, especially when you are drenched in sweat, tired, and ready to call it quits even though you still have 10 minutes left of your work out,It can be just what you need to hear to make you not give up, so I do appreciate it, but it's not without blushing that I say thank you.  Last night was different though.  A lady that I see regularly in Step class (as regularly as I go, lol) came up to me before muscle conditioning and complimented me on my progress.  But it's what she said that made it different than everyone else, that made me smile, and feel so accomplished, she said "you look amazing, you look strong and healthy."  Strong.  That word is what made her compliment so important.  Strong is my goal, I want to be strong, healthy, and fit.  Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of work to do still, I can't lift as much as I would like yet, my muscles aren't as defined as they will be, and I still have too high of a % of body fat, BUT the fact that somebody saw the improvement, in my strength, was so encouraging!  Needless to say, that gave me the extra confidence and motivation to give it my all in class last night, and really work my muscles!

Yesterday was a "Hollow Day" (if you've read the Hunger Games, you get that, if you haven't, you should!)  I feel like I ate all day, non stop, one thing after another, and was just continuously hungry.  I did stay on track with what I was eating, but the sheer quantity alone can't produce good results... Well, I stayed on track until around 8:30... when I somehow lost my self control and ate 3 marshmallows... the big ones, not the little mini ones.  I need to find a sugar free marshmallow substitution!

Today has been better.  I had an americano and an atkins bar for breakfast, 2 cups of popcorn, and an apple with natural pb for lunch.  Not sure what is for dinner tonight, but I am leaning towards steak salad.  Yum! :)

This morning we did another round of stadiums, I have got to say, I never thought that would be something I would enjoy.  I do miss my extra 2 hours of sleep, however!  After that I went to the gym to go for a jog.  I only got about halfway through though, because my ankle was getting really sore.  I over pronate on my left ankle, and it can get really painful.  It has been pretty under control for about a year now as long as I wear proper shoes while I work out.  I got a new pair a little over a month ago, and ever since then it has been flaring up again.  So I took a trip to Fleet Feet this afternoon and was able to exchange them for a new pair.  Hopefully these give me the stability I need.  Side note:  If you workout, and have any pain, leg, ankle, foot, knee, go to Fleet Feet, have a fitting, you won't regret it!  And in situations like mine, they are awesome, I was able to exchange the old shoes for new ones no problem!  So heres to hoping that tomorrow's run will be ankle pain free!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment