Monday, July 9, 2012

Ah Monday.... it's always kind of a cleansing day for me... I tend to have a hard time reigning it in on Sundays, and usually cheat some on my eating.  It is also my day off from working out.  So Monday is always like the enforcer, coming around and saying "get back on track!"

Monday is an Intervals class day at the gym, up until lately I never missed it, but today was my first time going in two weeks.  Mondays are a cardio day in that class, I would say we did about 40 minutes of cardio today, good hard cardio, with a step, and 2 tabatas.  Very light strength training, and about 5 minutes of abs.

For breakfast I had 2 eggs, scrambled, with salsa, mushrooms and about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, 3 shots of espresso with 2 splenda, sugar free caramel, and 1/8-1/4 cup of half and half.  I didn't eat that until I got home from the gym around 10:00, so lunch wasn't very needed.  I had an atkins meal bar around 1:30, and some cheese and light salami around 3:00.  Dinner is taco salad; ground beef  (seasoned with cayenne, garlic and onion, pre-made taco seasoning has carbs, sneaky!) romaine lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions, cheese, and salsa.

Water intake so far: a little over one quart. My goal is over 2 quarts a day.

Tonight MIGHT be a run night.... Monday's usually are... I am currently on week 5 day 3 of the couch to 5k program.... and I am terrified.  Day 2 was 2 8 minute runs separated by a 5 minute walk.  I did that once, then did it the next day and did 10 minutes instead of 8, and only walked 3 minutes.... but this next one bumps it up to a 20 minute run, straight.  That seems like a big jump from 0 minutes, let alone 8 minutes... but I suppose I need to do it eventually!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment