Friday, July 20, 2012

B.M.I



BMI Categories:
  • Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
  • Overweight = 25–29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
I hadn't checked my BMI in some time, so yesterday I pulled up a calculator online and plugged in my information..  I got 26.5, 1.6 away from normal!  Sooooo close!  But hey, it was 44.1 when I started, so I'd say that's a substantial improvement!  This is the website I used if you want to check yours out : http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/.

Another day of stadiums down, that makes five days in a row!!  Thank you Kayle for getting me to commit, and for not being afraid to add on to our routine!  I'll see ya bright and early tomorrow!  After that I have muscle conditioning at the gym with Danielle!  Then, it's judgement time, and I'll need to do my weekly weigh in.  Dun dun dun.......  Fingers crossed!

Last night I made Chicken Shish Kabobs for dinner.  I never imagined finding a sugar free marinade recipe would be such a pain!  Almost everyone I pulled up had BBQ sauce, honey, brown sugar, something sweet in it!  So I gave up and just made my own.  I literally just through whatever I could find into a bowl, so there is no formal recipe I am afraid... but it was something like this :

Olive Oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Soy Sauce
Minced garlic
Green Onion
Brown Mustard
Cilantro
Pepper

I marinated Chicken, mushrooms, and zucchini, skewered them, then added smoked sausage and threw them on the grill.  Yum!

I did a little closet cleaning last night, and got rid of another round of clothes.  I have to say, it's bittersweet.  I love fitting into the smaller size, but I hate buying new clothes and only getting to wear them a few times before they are too big!  I came across my "before" pants... when I did my first clothes clean out I saved on pair of pants so I could compare along the way.... these are a size 24, I wore them at my heaviest.


I think ONE (there are many) of my favorite things about my progress is being able to shop at a regular store, and not needing to find a plus size section.  It's very liberating after all these years!  LoL







No comments:

Post a Comment