Saturday, July 14, 2012

Don't stop Believing

Ah, journey.

On Thursday afternoon, I went to the gym to do my run on the treadmill.... it was over 100 outside, and the air quality was awful from all the fires blazing up here this past week.  I try to avoid doing my runs on the treadmill, because it is easier than out on the street, so I don't want to train that way and then be shocked when I can't do the same outside.  But I do take advantage of the treadmill from time to time. So anyway, I had 5 minutes left of that 20 minute jog that got the best of me earlier this week.  I was ready to throw in the towel and walk... After doing stadiums that morning, and all the exercising through out the week, I was tired... and right at that moment what song comes on? That's right... Don't Stop Believing, by Journey.  Now, this song has comedic factor in it for me from past events, so more than anything it just puts me in a good mood, so it might not be some deep moving meaning about not giving up, but it still did the trick, and I finished those last 5 minutes, and conquered Week 5, Day 3, 20 minute Jog.  WIN.


Another Win..... the pizza stuffed chicken from the previous post.  Everyone loved it, even the husband.  It's a keeper.


Yesterday morning was another stadiums morning.  We took it up a notch by running from Carrie's house, to the high school.  It is just about 1.25 miles, so I got 2.5 miles between from going there and back, 2 laps at the track, and 30 minutes of stadiums.  It was a great work out.  I took the rest of the day off, since I had worked out twice a day for the 4 days before.

My fail for the post..... I had chips and Salsa last night.  We went out for a drink (vodka and soda water with lime and 1 splenda, I had 2, and stayed on track there), but, I messed up by not eating first, and was pretty hungry.  I didn't over do it at least, but I still had chips none the less.  Damn.

This morning was muscle conditioning.  Good class as always!  I have a feeling my hammies are going to be screaming at me later today from all the dead lifts, but that's not a bad thing!  After class I jumped on the treadmill and did another 20 minute jog with no breaks!  Yay!  Now I just need to make myself do it on the street..... yikes.

Regretfully, I do not have a recipe to share for tonight's dinner.... as I have no clue what tonight's dinner will be!  But I do have some yummy stuff lined up for next weeks dinners, so hopefully someone will get some new ideas from those.

Happy Weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment