Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ouch.


Yes.... Ouch.

I took Muscle conditioning Tuesday night at the gym, awesome class as always, heavy on the arms.. FST 7's on biceps, shoulder press squats, triceps, like I said, awesome class, but I knew I'd feel it the next morning.

Somehow in my post workout fog, I agreed to get up before the sun and go run Stadiums at the high school. I was terrified... I still get winded running up the stairs in my house, I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself into... Thankfully I have some determined ladies in my circle, and I convinced them to go with me!

Bright and early (well, not even really bright yet, dim is a better word...) Wednesday morning we all met up at the high school football field, right away I found relief in the fact that the bleachers were not 675 stairs high, and steep as can be, like the image I had conjured up in my head. Phew.  After a warm up lap around the track, Up the first flight we went.... Not bad, not bad at all... I was feeling pretty confident, more relief.  Down was a little different story. I am clumsy as they come, so I keep envisioning myself tumbling down and faceplanting into the metal stairs, needless to say I tread lightly on the down flights.  We are almost done with our first side of the stadium... running between flights of stairs, no steps involved, completely flat, my foot catches one of the benches, and down I go (Fail!).  It's been a total of 7 minutes at most, and I have accomplished what I was most nervous about! Thankfully there was a fence on one side of me, and the culprit bench on the other, so I didn't actually fall, I guess I more stumbled and caught myself, but still.  Leave it to me!  The rest of the work out went smoothly, and I am SO glad that I didn't let my self doubt stop me from trying it!  

So, as if that wasn't enough, I then went to class at 8:30 am.  Wednesday is Intervals class, half cardio, half weights.  I was surprised that I wasn't feeling too sore from the night before, I could definitely feel the effects, but it wasn't bad, so I figured I would be fine at class.

I figured wrong.

The weight portion of the class was sets from Les Mills Body Pump, with a huge focus on Biceps, Shoulders, chest, and triceps.  I do not advocate working the same muscle groups two days in a row, at all, not only is it just not good on your body, but it HURTS!  I woke up this morning and could barely move my arms, my shoulders and biceps were on fire. It actually feels like there are little workers in there under my skin shredding my muscles right now as I type.  so that's my PSA on strength training, alternate body parts daily!

The plus side to my craziness was that by 9:30 am I had completed my two work outs for the day!  Which was nice because I had plans to take Andrew to Danielle's for lunch and a "play date" (they should have a better phrase for that for boys..).    We had a great time over there, the boys played in the pool until Andrew was so exhausted from laughing and jumping, and swimming, that he tapped out!  Danielle made an AWESOME lunch for us, BBQ chicken breast (with her "perfect poultry seasoning, sooooo good!), Asparagus, and fruit.  Delicious, and so thoughtful! 


I wish I could be as proud of the dinner that followed it.  I was tired, soreness of the mornings activities was rapidly setting in, it was hot... I have 5 million excuses.  It was a "make your own dinner" night.  The kid's chose frozen pot pies (so not something I am proud of, but, I promised to be real!) and Ari and I had pop corn!  I begged, and pleaded, for him to go to the movie theatre and get me real pop corn.... but for some reason, he wasn't feeling it, so I settled for the microwave version, boo. I don't see what was so crazy about my request?

Back to the pain I woke up in this morning, I didn't mention that was at 5:00 am, yet again!  Back to the High school I went!  Thank you, Kayle, for asking me to go, sometimes making a commitment to meet someone is just the kick in the butt I need.  We even did 1 set more than we did yesterday, and I didn't fall. Win.

This afternoon I need to run, I skipped that yesterday, and I have that 20 minute jog looming over my head that I need to defeat before it gets the best of me.

Dinner tonight is a version of this recipe:

Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I think the only changes I will make is a pesto sauce instead of a tomato sauce (less sugar), and I am going to put some chopped pepperoni in the stuffing as well as the slices on top.  Paired with steamed broccoli and a green salad, and I think it'll be a hit!  I just need to get it in the oven before noon, because once it's 100 degree's outside I refuse to turn the oven on!

There's one last thing I wanted to mention, because it's a product I have found recently that I really like:
Multigrain Corn Thins

They are fat free, gluten free, low cal, and natural.  They only have 6 ingredients (score!), and it's whole grain!  I love them with a table spoon of natural peanut butter, with a little cream cheese, even with cottage cheese.  I would definitely recommend giving them a try!

Make time for this today!

word.

No comments:

Post a Comment