Sunday, July 22, 2012

Workout Clothes and Waffles

There is something about a new exercise out fit, or even just a new piece, that makes me look forward to working out so that I can wear it!  I love new running shoes, I love new workout pants, I love new tanks and tops, even new socks!  Maybe it's just because I am addicted to shopping... who knows.  But I did read in a "101 tips for runners" article that if you were starting to fall into a rut, to buy a new running outfit and it was supposed to help get you back in the groove!  I found this on Pinterest, and I am on the hunt to find all the pieces, or at least look a likes!

Love the whole outfit!

Yesterday morning Carrie and I ran 2 3/4 miles we did a 5 minute warm up, 10 minute jog, 2 min walk, 10 minute jog, then a cool down.  I still have not conquered the 20 minute jog outside, only on the treadmill.  So I need to make that my goal for Tuesday.  I have stadiums and intervals class tomorrow, so I think that trying to do the jog on top of all that would be setting myself up to fail. Tuesday seems more reasonable.

After our jog yesterday I went to Muscle Conditioning, and Danielle joined me!  Yay!  It was a great class, and between that and the jog, and 5 days of stadiums, my muscles are all a little tender today!  I realized that I haven't taken a day off from working out in 13 days, so today I am giving my body a rest.

We had quite an adventure at the river last night and didn't get home until rather late, so this morning I even let myself sleep in (until 8:30, hahaha, that used to be getting up early to me!)  Then the husband and I made a family breakfast.  Eggs, Bacon, and waffles, yum!


I used the above recipe, except I used unbleached all wheat flour and splenda.  They were excellent, everyone ate them, and had seconds.

Dinner tonight is Tri tip, corn on the cob, and green salad.  I usually try to stay away from tri tip, and stick to leaner proteins, but Hubby loves it, and Dad gave it to us, so dinner it is!  I'm working on a healthy alternative to Macaroni and cheese right now for this weeks menu, per Kate's request... and we are trying a Sour Cream and Bacon Crock Pot Chicken, stay tuned!

Oh!  I forgot!  Weigh in Update: 3 lbs lost this week.  18 lbs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment