Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Run, and then Run some more!

This morning it hit me that in 11 days I will be running my first 5k, The Sacramento Color Run. ELEVEN days.  I am on week 6, day 2 of a 9 week training program..... You do the math.  Granted, when I started this program, it was to prepare for a run in September, and I am right on track for that.  The color run was just a bonus, and it has really snuck up on me!  So, due to that realization this morning, I took my butt to the gym after stadiums, and I ran.  And as soon as I am done with this blog, I will run again.  My goal for this evening in another 20 minute stretch, then I will move on to 23 minutes, or 25.  At some point in the next few days, I need to do 3 miles, and see just how much of it I can run... I am not going to throw away my running shoes and take up knitting if I can't run this whole 5k, as it wasn't my original goal to do it this early, so I won't consider it a failure.  But I sure will consider it a victory if I am able to do it!

Speaking of runs, I found another one that I am going to sign up for! Run your Gourd Off!  It's put on by Fleet Feet, and Bishop's Pumpkin Farm, two places I love dearly!  www.runyourgourdoff.com Check it out, sign up, have fun!


I decided to track my calories today.  I haven't done that in quite awhile, and I was curious to see how many extra I was earning from my workouts, and if I was getting near using them all, or going over even.  Here is what I found, this doesn't have dinner on it, but I did estimate the run I am going to do still this evening.  Also, it doesn't have a "Stadiums" exercise, go figure... so I used stairmaster, and cut the amount of time in half since stadiums isn't stair climbing the whole time.


Daily Report for July 25, 2012

Daily Log
Breakfast348
Eggs, scrambled2 Each204
Lunchmeat, turkey breast, oven roast, svg½ Each30
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded¼ Cup114
Lunch425
Apples, Fresh, Sml, 2 3/4"1 ¼ Each97
Peanut Butter, Creamy2 Tablespoons188
Peanut Cluster Bar, Atkins1 Serving140
No nutrient data for: Fat, Carbs
Snacks475
Raisins, Seedless58 Each90
Popcorn, Microwave, Low Fat6 Cups280
Shake, Protein, Chocolate,¾ Package105
Exercise1,172
Elliptical30 min298
Stairmaster20 min199
Running30 min341
Running30 min333
  
Summary
Budget: 1275
Food Calories1,248
Exercise Calories1,172
Net Calories76
+/- Calories-1,199



So there is a little summary of my day.  I have used my daily budget, so I think I did ok, I'll go a little over with dinner, but I have enough exercise calories to cover that, and still be in the negative.  Speaking of dinner...

Kate "pinned" Sour Cream and Bacon Crock Pot Chicken as a dinner request, so it is cooking as I type.  Unfortunately I didn't check the carbs on the cream soup until I already had everything else ready to go.... 10 carbs per serving in the soup alone, yikes.  So I will be having some of the chicken, sans sauce, over a salad.  I can't believe that me, the nutrition information reading nazi, let that slip by me!  For those of you that aren't as crazy as I am, and would like to enjoy this dish, here is the recipe :




Enough procrastinating for me... I need to finish preparing dinner, and get out there and run! 


No comments:

Post a Comment