Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oh.My.Quad.

Haha!

Ow!  My quads are on fire. FIRE.  We did 5 sets of 20 reps of weighted squats in class last night.  That, on top of doing stadiums and a run yesterday has made for a painful morning so far.  Stadiums this morning was very slow going, as I went up the steps I seriously felt like I had cement blocks strapped to my thighs.  I pushed through it and got it done, but not without wincing!  I went to the gym afterwards and did a quick elliptical work out, and threw in the towel.  It's time for some advil and low impact stuff.  We'll see how it feels this evening, and maybe I will squeeze a run in.  

I did not make the Chili Relleno Casserole last night.  I took the kids school clothes shopping and by the time we got back I had 30 minutes to get ready for class.  So leftovers it was!  Which means tonight is casserole night!  So, sadly, I don't have a new recipe for you today.  I'll start looking now for one to blog tomorrow! :)

So, speaking of shopping... Non scale victory alert!  I was able to buy a pair of LEI jeans in a size 13.  I haven't worn a size 13 in about 9 years.  At my heaviest, I was a size 24, so to comfortably wear a size 13 was a big win!  It's also a little scary though.  At a size 24, or even 22 and 20, shopping for clothes was more of a chore, and it sometimes came down to "It fits so just settle on it".  Now that I can actually go into a store and have so many options is going to take some self control and restraint so that we don't go broke!

To make up for no recipe, I do have something cool to share!  A 10 issue subscription to Fitness Magazine for $3.99, just use the code "krazy" at check out.  AND when you buy that, they offer you a 10 issue subscription of Women's Health for $3.99 as well!  Awesome!  I ordered mine!  You only have until midnight eastern time, so don't put it off and miss a great deal!! (Big thank you to Kayle for sharing this deal!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment