Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Someone take the clock off fast forward!

Whew!  What a day!  I am exhausted, but if I don't power through this, all of it will stay jumbled in my head, bouncing around and driving me crazy while I try to sleep.  Yes, I am neurotic enough for that to happen.

I started the day nicely with my run, came home and made breakfast and school lunches.  Helped Kate get ready for picture day, then off to school we went, and I went to intervals class. After that I came home and got my work out written up for the senior class, and was off the the Y. On my way home from there I called the college and confirmed that my English text books were finally in.  Mind you they were supposed to be here Monday, and the instructor has given me til today to get the 3 weeks worth of work in that I haven't been able to do without my book. (back story :  I was added to the class at the beginning of week 2 off the waitlist, and the books were solo out on both campuses.  It's a special edition for this instructor, so unable to purchase it online, had to order copies, and wait).  After picking up the books, and the kids I came home to face a grueling 4 hours of English class catch up.  I still have one assignment to go, but it's due Sunday, I got everything else done, barely.  My brain is fried.  But, too bad!  More classes to write.  I am covering Senior Strength training, and Low impact aerobics tomorrow at the Y.  Strength training, no problem, banged that class out in 5 minutes.  Aerobics? Huh?  I have no rhythm... I sure as hell can't choreograph and aerobics routine overnight! At this point I am beginning to wonder what I got myself into!  A few deep breaths later I decided I will just modify the class to Low impact Cardio, sans dance moves.  So I finally got the routine all written up about 5 minutes ago, and that brings us to here.

Todays lunch:


Leftover chicken and pasta from dinner last night, cottage cheese, pinapple, and veggie chips.  And because I was feeling silly....

\

This is what Andrew saw when he opened his lunch bag this afternoon :)

For dinner I sauteed a bunch of fresh veggies, added some sausage, and served it over brown rice. I was flying by the seat of my pants on this one, but I think it came out ok!  Let's call it Sausage Stir Fry:

3 large sausage links
2 broccoli heads
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup diced green onion
2 tablespoons garlic
2 tablespoons minced onion
Soy sauce to taste

Saute all veggies in large pan, add sausage
Serve over Brown Rice. 

Viola!





Ok, that's all I got.  This exhausted mom is going to bed!  Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment