Thursday, August 16, 2012

Family Fitness

I swear Kate had a few choice words running through her head this morning when I told them I was going for a run, and they were coming with me!  It was a nice cool sunny 70 degrees out, and I don't think they've seen the daylight all week.  It was some much needed exercise and sunshine.  And guess what, she lived!  I told her I would be happy if she would just walk for 25-30 minutes, and a quick pace, no running needed.  So that's what she did, and she actually enjoyed herself.  Andrew ran with me for the first half, but he tuckered out and joined his sister on her walk.  I on the other hand got my best time so far, 3.1 miles in 30 mins 52 secs.  Woo hoo.  Still nothing to brag about, but I am getting better!


I have no clue what that red diagonal line is, I didn't walk across the field at any point!

When we got home I made a quick batch of chocolate protein pancakes. The picture is of the kids' plate (Kel/Pam, the cottage cheese and mandarin oranges will forever remind me of Nana), the kids loved them.  In fact Andrew said "next year, I want this for my birthday breakfast!".  I don't think I will be requesting them  for special occasions, but they are a quick easy meal with lots of protein, and they don't taste half bad.  Next time I make them I might try cream cheese in place of cottage cheese.


Chocolate Protein Pancakes
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg whites
3 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 tbs all natural peanut butter

This amount made 8 pancakes the size shown above.
While I am talking food, last nights Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast.  It was VERY good.  Full of flavor, and best of all, the kids love it.  "It's a keeper" is what I was told during dinner last night.  So I highly suggest you try it!  Tonight I am making Carne Asada,

 it's been marinating since this morning, I have fresh corn on the cob, whole beans and fresh avocados to go with it, yum!

Aside from this morning's run, I am doing some strength training tonight with Katie.  Here is the routine I wrote up

Warm up
5 mins
Set 1
Good Mornings - 15
Weighted crunch - 30
Clean and Press - 15
Upright Row - 15
Repeat 3 times
Set 2
Weighted Front Lunge - 15 each leg
Plank - 1 min/45 sec/30 sec
Prison Squat - 50/40/30
Alternating heel reach - 30
Repeat 3 times
Set 3
Leg Pull In- 30
Shrugs - 15
Military Press - 15
Vertical Leg Lifts - 30
Medicine Ball Full Twists - 15

Repeat 3 times

Tomorrow I plan to do stadiums/run and a good weight work out with Kayle.  Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment