Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pizza Meatloaf

Last night for Dinner I made Pizza meatloaf.  I kind of flew by the seat of my pants on this one, so the recipe is a little estimated...

Pizza Meat Loaf
1lb ground beef
1lb ground turkey
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup grated parm cheese
2 eggs
4 roma tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 minced onion
1 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups shredded mozz cheese
1 cup chopped pepperoni
3/4 cup sliced olives

Preheat oven to 350

Puree tomatoes 

Combine all ingredients in bowl, and mix


Form Loaf


Bake at 350 for 1.5 hours, or until cooked all the way through.

It was a hit with the kids and even the husband.  I think next time I would use 3 roma tomatoes instead of 4, but other than that I would say it was a success!



Speaking of food, I found a yogurt (finally!!) that I can eat on my eating plan!  Fage Greek total 0% (or 2%). It has 9 carbs for 1 cup of yogurt, I eat about 1/3 cup, so that is 3 carbs.  Not bad.  Unfortunately, I can't say I love it, it's VERY tart, I need to do some internet searching for some ideas of low carb options to add to it.  This morning I added 2 tablespoons of coolwhip and a packet of splenda, that was pretty tasty. :)

I taught my first Class yesterday at the Y!  Senior Fit.  I'd say it went rather well!  I had 10 people show up, and everything went smoothly.  I need to broaden my ideas for routines for them, so no one gets bored, so that'll be my homework tomorrow morning.  Tonight I have my first regular Class.  I am doing a cardio intervals class.  It's a 50 minute window, so here is what I came up with

Warm Up
march/jog-30 secs
jumping jacks-30 secs
side squats -12, then hold and pulse
Jump rope-30 secs
Jog one lap around room

Set 1 (done back and forth across room)
Jog - 1 min
Sprint- 1 min
Suicides - 1 min
Walking Lunges- 1 min
Break - 1 min
repeat 3 times

Set 2(done staning in place)
Jump Squats- 1 min
Standing mountain climbers - 1 min
Wood chop squat - 1 min
But Kickers- 1 min
Break- 1 min
repeat 3 times

Set 3
football run/fast feet- 1min
Burpees - 1 min
plank- 1 min
Pendulum abs - 1 min
break- 1 min
repeat 3 times

Stretch

Aside from that, I ran/did stadiums this morning, hit the gym for a quick eliptical work out, and I have weight conditioning after my class this evening!  

I weighed in Sunday and was down 2 lbs. 10.6 pounds to go.... However, I did AWFUL from Saturday night to Sunday night.  I had Papusas, a few bites of funnel cake, and part of a corn dog Saturday night.... Sunday I had 2 fair tacos, and some doritos while I worked the fair parking for my Dad.  then Sunday night we went out for dinner and I had chips and salsa, and half of a carnitas burrito. Oh, and a few fun sized 3 musketeers and fun sized butterfingers found their way to my mouth as well.  Ack!  When I weighed myself yesterday morning those 2 lbs I had lost had found their way back, so it's back to business hard core now!



No comments:

Post a Comment