Monday, September 3, 2012

Accountability


I have been dreading this.... that's why I haven't blogged since last Wednesday!  My self control and discipline took a nice long vacation and left Gluttony in control of my mind and body. It has not been a good week.  I have slacked some on my workouts.... Friday I did nothing except my Senior Fit class, yesterday I did nothing, period.... and again Today all I have done is senior fit.  I have eaten cookies, chips, sugary cereal, Chinese food, garlic bread, ice cream, DOUGHNUTS!!! and *gasp* worst of all, McDonald's.  Agh!  I can't tell you the last time I fell into that trap.  This morning I got rid of the extra doughnuts, and last night I left the ice cream at my dads.... I need to get rid of the temptation. With all that said, I haven't stepped on the scale since Friday, and at that point I was up 4 lbs since my final biggest loser weigh in.  Putting me back to 13 lbs away from my goal.  I am going to avoid the scale until Sunday, I am afraid if I get on it now, I will get discouraged, and just continue making bad choices.  So, starting tomorrow morning, I am running every morning (except Sunday), and completing at least one other work out during the day, I am also putting myself back on the restrictive phase of my eating plan.  The buck stops here, time to get back to business!  

Well, I have to say, I feel better for airing that out, and admitting my failures.  And I also feel better knowing I have publicly committed to getting back on the horse!  I need that accountability sometimes.

In other news, here are the lunches from Thursday and Friday: 


Thursday was light salami, cheddar cheese, triscuts, 1/2 and apple, mini dill pickles, and TJ oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.


Friday was 3 mini Blueberry Whole Wheat Oatmeal Muffins, hardboiled egg, low fat yogurt with all natural blueberry granola with flax, and 3 pieces of turkey bacon.

While we were in Lodi Saturday visiting my mom and Robert, I went into a culinary store and found these little gems.  BPA free silicone baking cups.  Now I don't have to use the paper ones, I was excited to find them!  


This weeks menus should consist of Sirloin and veggies, Low carb crab cakes,and ham and cheese omelets   Recipes to come!

So, you've read my plan for success this week, what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment