Thursday, August 23, 2012

Banana Wraps and Other Yumminess


Today's school Lunch:  Banana with natural peanut butter and local honey wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla, apple slices, carrots with laughing cow cheese wedge, and Trader Joe's all natural organic oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  For breakfast we had protein pancakes, I switched it up a little bit and used whipped cream cheese instead of cottage cheese.  I liked the consistency much better.  If you haven't tried these, you should!  They are good, and very very filling.  My kids can usually down 3 fluffy pancakes no problem, but they can barely finish 2 of these before they are full, and they keep them full through out the morning.  Here is the recipe.

I went to the high school this morning and did 3 miles.  I ran 2, then did stadiums for the equivalent of a mile (according to my Map My Run app.).  Tonight I have my class at the Y, hoping for a better turn out!  Here is what I have planned for that:

Warm Up

Walk a lap
Jog a lap
Jumping Jacks
Jog a lap
Squats
Jog a lap

Set 1
Burpees - 1 min
Speed skaters- 1 min
Standing side crunch - 30
Squat hop twist - 1 min
Break- 1 min
repeat 3 times

Tabata
Exploding Jacks- 20 sec
Break- 10 sec
Butt Kickers - 20 Sec
Break- 10 sec
Repeat 4 times

Set 2 (using a step)
Side to side lunge with forward punch- 30 sec
Side to side lunge with punch towards knees- 30 sec
Side to side lunge with hook- 30 sec
over the top with rows - 30 sec
repeat
Break-1min
repeat 3 times

Tabata (using step)
Box Jump - 20 sec
break - 20 sec
run up/down- 20 sec
break- 10 sec
repeat 4 times


Since I'll be gone for class from 5:15-6:30 I planned a quick easy dinner, Cobb salad.  Or, my variation of it anyway. We are going to do ham, hard boiled eggs, avocado, bacon bits, and shredded cheese.

Lastly, I am getting ready to bake "One Bowl Oatmeal Muffins" with Blueberries and white chocolate chips for the kiddo's, so be on the lookout for a review tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment