Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hollow Day.



This has been in my queue, half finished, practically all day.  Between bussing kids back and forth across town, dentist appointments, math homework, political science quizzes, nutrition assignments, making meals, prepping for my class at the Y tonight, I never thought I would get to finish it! Phew, anyway....

Hungry!  That is what I have been ALL day long!  Another Hollow Day, I have mentioned them before... (READ The Hunger Games!) I had a hard boiled egg after my run this morning, and an Americano. Around 9:30 I had a string cheese,  around 11:00 I had a spoon full of peanut butter and a few cups of popcorn.  At lunch I had a Flat out wrap with lettuce, cheese, relish, mustard and a turkey burger patty.  This afternoon I had an atkins bar, another spoon of peanut butter, and two corn thins with a laughing cow cheese wedge.  For dinner I had about a cup and a half of whole wheat pasta with pesto sauce, olives, green beans and diced chicken.  I feel like I have been eating non stop all day and just can't get full!  I hate days like that!  At least I have kept the eating to approved foods!  And I have almost 3 hours of exercise under my belt for the day, so I think that should balance it all out.

Yesterday I mentioned that I made a big batch of waffles to put in the freezer.  Well I did just that, put them in a freezer bag, and stuck them in the freezer.  This morning I had a nice solid brick of waffles.  Fail.  So here is my advice, lay them out on a cookie sheet and freeze them first, THEN gather them up and put them in a freezer bag and return them to the freezer.  Live and learn!

Here is today's lunch.  Whole wheat quesadilla with cheese and leftover taco meat, salsa, dried apricots, carrots, laughing cow cheese wedge, and a kudos bar.


As I said above, dinner was whole wheat rotini with pesto sauce, some diced chicken left over from last night's meal, sliced olives, and green beans.  All thrown in a bowl and mixed together.  Yum!

I have no idea what I am making for dinner tomorrow night, I haven't had the time to think about it!  So that will be a surprise, even to me! :)  I do believe it is back to school night though, so quick and easy will be the key.   I completely slacked on writing a meal plan for this week, and I'm really noticing how much help it is to have that done!  

Well, after 2 hours of classes, I am ready for a shower and some down time. How hard did you work out today?  Until tomorrow.....


1 comment:

  1. For those of you playing the home game, the list continues! Another Atkins bar, a cup of almond milk with sf choc syrup and ice, and wait for it..... ANOTHER. Scoop of pb!! I need to go to bed before I eat everything in this house!

    ReplyDelete