Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Reviews and weights

Whew!  My kitchen was busy yesterday!  We made the Peanut butter oatmeal bars, Stuffed Bell Peppers, Caprese Salad with pesto, and some totally unhealthy buttermilk blueberry muffins for the husband.

Let's start with the peanut butter bars, http://gingerbreadbagels.com/2011/03/22/peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-squares/:


Since they were for the kids, I thought I'd let Andrew help me make them.  He gets an A+ in the helping department, and a D in the Cleanliness department..... two words - Flour Everywhere! I doubled the recipe and got 8 good sized bars out of it. They came out good, the kids enjoy them with a little peanut butter on top.  They were easy to make, and are a nice quick breakfast for the next few days, I think it's a keeper.

Next, Buttermilk Blueberry muffins.  Sugar, sugar, flour, sugar.... more flour.  Enough said.  I have to stay 2 miles away from them.  Moving on.

Caprese Salad with Pesto.  YUM!  I had some left over pesto, so I picked up some cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.  I cubed the cheese, mixed it in a bowl with the tomatoes, added the pesto, a little EVOO and some minced garlic, and voila!  Delicious, I wish I had made it sooner, and more of it!


Lastly, Kate and I made the stuffed bell peppers (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Stuffed-Peppers-4/Detail.aspx).  Very quick easy recipe.  Don't know that  I will make it again though due to the lack of Bell Pepper appreciation.  Somewhere between the last couple months and last night it appears Andrew no longer likes bell peppers, and Kate and I never really have.  Ari is the only one who actually ate a stuffed bell pepper.  The rest of us at meat and sauce.   If you enjoy a good bell pepper, then I advise you try this, if not, just brown some meat and call it a day :)



I ended up with quite a bit of meat left over (I used a 2.5 lb package) so tonight we are having taco salads for dinner.  

For Breakfast I had a Protein Shake, mid morning I had an atkins oatmeal bar, and for lunch I plan to eat my weight in Caprese Salad :)

Now, for the work out portion of my day.... I started with Stadiums.  Stepped it up a little, and instead of running up one flight, down the next, I ran up AND down every flight before moving to the next.  Burned my legs out a little faster, kept my heart rate up a little longer.  Then I went to the gym and did 40 minutes on the elliptical. If you love to read as much as I do, here is a little tip I use on myself, I only let myself read on the elliptical.  So if I am sitting here and home and want to turn the eReader on and get lost, nope, can't do it.  If I have time for that, I have time to go to the gym and read.  

Tonight Katie and I are going to do some strength training. We worked our shoulders and chest pretty heavy last night in class, so I wrote a workout that will focus on our biceps, backs/lats, abs, and legs. 

Set 1
Bicep Curls - 15 Reps
One Armed Row - 15 reps each arm
Dumbbell Pullovers- 15 reps
Pendulum Abs- 30 reps
Step Run - 1 min

Repeat 3 times

Set 2
Wide bent over row - 15 reps
Hammer curls- 15 reps
Dumbbell side bend - 15 reps each side
Weighted Squats - 40 reps (30 second time, 20 3rd time)
Jumping Jacks - 30 seconds
Jump Rope - 30 second

Repeat 3 times

Set 3
Concentration curls - 15 reps each arm
Leg press - 15 reps
Standing crossover crunch - 15 each side
Plank - 1 minute
Basketball hops- 1 minute

Repeat 3 times


Katie, don't read this and change your mind! ;)  See you tonight!  


No comments:

Post a Comment