Friday, August 3, 2012

3.1, Done!

Yesterday I started my morning off with stadiums, which has become the norm lately.  I took it a little easier than normal, because I had set a goal for myself, and I didn't want to be too tired to reach it.  I wanted to run an entire 3.1 miles, just to prove to myself that I could do it before the run on Saturday.  Annnnnnd, I did it!



Not as fast as I had hoped, but I did it, I can work on getting my time down from here on out.  To finish up the exercise portion of my day, I went to Step class with Danielle.  Haven't been there in a couple months, so  I have to say, it was rough, but we lived!

This morning I skipped stadiums (sorry Kayle!) so that Carrie and I could get one more run in before tomorrow.  We ran the whole 3.1 miles, I didn't get an exact time, but I think it was about 32 minutes, not too bad.  That is all I am going to do as far as exercise today, I don't want to over do it and be sore for tomorrow.

If you follow me on pinterest, you probably saw my pin for flourless Peanut butter cookies.  I love peanut butter, I love cookies, flour is a no no, so I really was excited about this!  It called for 1 cup of sugar, which I figured I could substitute with splenda.  I looked up the conversion, and it said a cup for a cup.  So I did 1 cup splenda, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg.... and I doubled it, because like I said, I love peanut butter, and I love cookies!  Well, it was a Fail, capital F.  They didn't hold together, at all, and the taste of the splenda was overwhelming.  I suppose I could cut the amount of splenda down, but then I'd still have the crumbling issue. So I think that this is one for the trash.  Actually, not only the recipe was thrown in the trash, I threw out the whole two batches. I had too, because even though I didn't like them, I would have eaten them if I kept them.  What can I say, that's why I was almost 300 lbs!  If it's there, eat it.  Ugh.

School is starting back up for the kids in a few weeks, so we have been getting stuff ready for that around here.  I got to thinking about lunches, and how I didn't like just sending them with sandwiches and junk every day.  I have really tried to give them the tools to make good choices, and always make sure they have healthy options available.  But then I feel like it's contradicting to send them off every day with sandwiches chips/crackers and crap.  Good old pinterest gave me some ideas:

lunch ideas for the kids
http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/upload/210824826276131347_nUMFGpD9_f.jpg

171 healthy lunch ideas that aren't all sandwiches. with pictures and descriptions.

Each of these websites has loads of examples of 90% healthy lunch ideas and pictures.  So, for the past few days I have been making stuff like this at lunch time for the kids, and they love it.  It's smaller portion sizes, but more items, low sugar, and good carbs.  They are actually kind of excited about trying this system for lunches at school.  I haven't nailed down the containers I am going to use, but I am leaning towards this set :

There's a $1.50 off coupon on the website, too.  And target sells the Set for just over $10.00. If you are near a Kmart, they sell them for $9.99 :)

The Flat Out pizza was such a hit the other night, that it has been requested that we have it again... (that and poor Kate was away for the night and was pretty bummed about missing it).  So we are repeating that this evening.  I can't say I am disappointed, it was yummy, and easy, and I had most of what I needed still on hand from Tuesday.  Besides, what's a better Friday night dinner than pizza??


I can't wait to post about tomorrow's run!  Stay tuned! Have a good weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment