Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Recipes!

Wow, I guess I was tired!  I woke up at 5:00 to go run stadiums,  but Kayle couldn't make it.  I stood there for awhile contemplating what to do.... I don't think it's safe to go alone, so I was considering heading to the gym.... Sleep won, and I crawled back into bed.  Next thing I knew.... 9:00 am!  I can literally not remember the last time I slept that late.  Aside from having to rework my exercise plan for today, I guess I am glad I got the rest!  Tonight is Muscle Conditioning class, so I think I will go early and run before class.

Speaking of running, and safety, look what I saw on Facebook this morning



What's worse is that this is on my route.  I rarely jog alone, and when I do it's in the evening, not a night, but still this is an eye opener.  I am curious to hear more details, and wonder if it was a truly random attack.  Either way, from now on Dixie will be running with me.

I didn't plan on mentioning this, but I did promise to be real here, so why not.  I have an interview this afternoon at the YMCA wellness center.  They are hiring a Group Fitness Instructor.  I am going back to school next week to  finish up my AA, so that I can transfer to Sac state and work on my BA in Kinesiology.  I think it would be great to pick up some jobs in the field while I work through school.  I spoke with the hiring manager about not having any experience aside from on the personal level (taking group classes! lol) and I really never expected an interview, so it was a pleasant surprise to get that phone call.  I am not getting my hopes up, as I am sure there will be more qualified applicants, but if nothing else the interview will be great experience!  Prayers are appreciated!  :)  Speaking of the interview, I had nothing to wear to one, so I ran to Ross yesterday afternoon to find a pair of slacks.  Like normal, there wasn't a whole lot to choose from, my options were limited.  I found a decent pair in a size 12, and was optimistic, I figured I'd try them.  They FIT!  Another non scale victory!  Woo hoo!

Ok, lets talk food!  The most favorite part of the blog for most people I am sure!  I have two recipes for you today.  A dinner one, and a breakfast one.  Neither of which I have tried, but both I will be making today!

I'll start with the breakfast recipe,  Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares:


Although, mine will be Peanut butter oatmeal squares, I don't have any bananas laying around.  I found this recipe on pinterest, and the other pinner recommended subbing the brown sugar with applesauce. I don't see how unsweetened applesauce would be a sub for sugar, not to mention the consistency difference.  I may however add the applesauce in place of the bananas, but not omit the brown sugar.  These are for the kids, so a little brown sugar is fine by me.  I'll do a review on these tomorrow.

And for dinner, Stuffed Bell Peppers:


Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
  • 1 cup water
  • 6 green bell peppers
  • 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
  3. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
  4. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
  5. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.


I'll sub brown rice in the husband and kids peppers, and omit it all together in mine, and I am going to puree some tomatoes instead of buying tomato sauce.... Also considering adding some ground sausage, we'll see if I have any in the freezer.  I'll review these tomorrow as well :)

Keep this in mind today, and get out there and work out!  :)

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment