Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Catch up!

I'm back!  We left Saturday morning for a family road trip, and I played catch up on chores all day yesterday in between work, and dropping off and picking up kids.  Hopefully today will be back to business as usual around here, I hate when my routine is disrupted for too long!

So Saturday morning I got up early and went and got my run in. I made sure to bring my little 4 legged companion, I wanted her tired since she would be home alone for the night.


 I was going to go to class as well, but Ari wanted to get on the road early, and if I went to class it would have been close to 11:00 before we could leave.  So I decided to skip that and save some time.  

When I got home from my run I took advantage of the early morning hours of peace and quiet while everyone else slept, and got some trip prep done!  


I decided we would stop at one of the state parks and have a picnic lunch on Saturday.  The kids have ham and turkey roll ups, snap peas and cherry tomatoes, triscuts, and two snackwell cookies.  The huisband got a bagel sandwich, broccoli, cookies, and sunchips (not pictured), I had caprese salad, peanuts and broccoli.   

We ended up having lunch at the state park that has the Chandelier Drive thru Tree.  


After a few other tourist attractions we hit Patrick Point, to see the ocean.  I particularly liked this stop, because it snuck in some good ole family fitness!  There was not getting to the beach, or the look out point, without a good hike.  So we hiked down to the beack, then back up.


 Then up to the point, and back down.  


I wish I could say the rest of the trip was as friendly to my diet and exercise regimen.... but it was not.   I had pie Saturday night *gah*, and ate nothing but crap in the car on the way home Sunday.... Chips, pretzels, a cookie.... what is it about sitting in a car, being bored, that makes you want to eat?!  Oh well, stuff happens.  I guess what matters is getting back on the wagon, and I have.

Yesterday morning was a new day, I got up and went to the HS and did stadiums/ ran, I went to Intervals class, and I led an AB class last night.  Not a bad start!

I completely forgot to take a picture of today's lunch, oops!  But here is yesterdays:

Light Salami, laughing cow cheese, Newman's organic whole wheat pretzel rods, snap peas and cherry tomatoes, organic whole wheat graham crackers, and healthy harvest blueberry applesauce.


I planned to make Egg Frittatas for dinner last night, but because I subbed for the AB class, and Ari worked late, things got messed up.  I made quick healthy choice meals for the kids instead, and ended up making the Frittatas around 8:30, so they are ready for tonight's dinner.  Here is the recipe:

Personal Egg Frittata

12 eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Mix ins- 
Bell pepper
Jalapeno
Broccoli
Ham
Cheese
(however anything would work)

Pre heat oven to 375

Spray 12 cup muffins tin, liberally

In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper.  Whisk thoroughly.

Pour evenly among the muffin cups

Top with mix ins of your choice, then stir each cup gently.

Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until egg is set. 



Please excuse the messy pan, I know, presentation is everything... but I got a little careless sprinkling the toppings.  Oops!

I hope everyone has an awesome, positive, and productive week!  Keep your goals in mind, and make sure your actions are working towards them!










No comments:

Post a Comment