Friday, September 14, 2012

School Lunch Round Up

I thought I would gather all the lunches I have done so far, and put them all in one place for anyone wanting to see a bunch of options at once.

Also, as far as the containers... they are the Ziplock brand divided lunch containers.  They are easy to open and close, durable, leak proof, and under $3.00 for a set of 2!


















I forgot again today to take a picture of what I made.  I put the lid on, and just as the yogurts squeezed against the inside of the lid, and buried the berries, I though, "Crap!  I forgot a picture!" and taking the lid off and taking one at that point would have made for an ugly messy picture.  However, it consisted of 3 whole wheat zucchini muffins, hard boiled egg, 3 breakfast sausage links, greek yogurt and berries.  So there you go, that is about 3 weeks worth (school day weeks) of healthy lunches, and the kids love them.  

Dinners haven't been as fun and inventive this week.  It's been a salad, and turkey burger kind of week.  Both the Hubby and I have worked almost every evening this week, and gotten home pretty late, so I have really been winging it.  My goal for October is to make a MONTH long menu, for dinners, and stick to it.  I want the kids to help me choose the meals, that way everyone is happy and feels like they participated in what they eat.  Not to mention it will take away the weekly stress of "what am I cooking all week" and it should eliminate a lot of shopping trips.  I hope to make the menu, convert it to a shopping list, and do a stockpile grocery trip that will cover the month... aside from things like fresh produce and milk.  So stay tuned for that adventure and planning process.

In exercise news, this morning was lame.  LoL.  I ran 2.5 miles, and threw in the towel.  I was just tired.  I even said to myself, you're legs and body aren't given up, your mind is, and that didn't even work!  Oh well, I will make up for it tonight, I am subbing for a boot camp class, so I'll just make sure I do the work out, too!

Here is the circuit I have planned for that:

Straddle up/down on step
Side walk w/resistance band
Jump Rope
Plank row w/shoulder press
Mountain climbers
Sumo Squat
Suicides
Dead lift
Burpees
V Sit

Everything will be 45 seconds, 15 seconds to switch stations, and we will do it 3 times through.

On that note, I need to get ready to get over there!  Have an awesome weekend.... an awesome and ACTIVE weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment