Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Non Scale Victories

These victories are important.  Very important.  They are the things that keep you going when you are so frustrated at the scale, that you just want to give up, you don't know what else you can do, and are on the verge of losing it.  They help get you through those weeks where you feel like it's a waste of time, and it's not working.  I love these "victories" and I hope that you guys appreciate them when you notice them on yourselves as well.

Since I finished the last Biggest Loser Competition I was in, I have been yoyoing up and down 5 lbs. I finished the comp at 164, I've been up to 169, and as of this morning I was 165.  I'll be honest, I have had a few week moments of frustration and confusion.  I think about the HOURS and HOURS a week I put into exercising, and making healthy choices, and I just get pissed that I don't see it on the scale.  Luckily, I have seen it other places, and that has helped keep me sane, and focused.  

In these passed couple weeks I have noticed more definition in my upper arms, and by back.  Just the other day I caught a glimpse of my  trapezius , and had to take a second look.  My husband walked in and asked if I was "checking myself out", lol!  Not exactly.... just investigating a new muscle! My wedding rings are loose again, kind of bitter sweet.  I hate having to go without them for a week to have them sized!  I did another closet clean out, all my XL clothes are gone, and I had to revamp my workout gear to Medium pants... Medium!!!  I officially graduated to a size 12 regular pants a few weeks ago.... and even bought, and have worn, a pair of size 10 jeans.  I have to say that is a first for me.  Never even as a teenager have I had a pair of size 10 jeans.  I still am a size 12, I just got lucky with these... but it was meant to be I think... In high school I always wanted a pair of Lucky Brand jeans, but they only went to size 14, and I was a 16.  While we were on vacation the other weekend, we were in Ross, and they had a pair of Lucky jeans, size 12.  I tried them on, and loved them.  I almost bought them, and my husband says "$36 for jeans at Ross, that will be too big in a few months?  Are you sure you should bother?"  and He was right, it was silly. So I put them back.  After I explained the reason though (and how much these jeans are originally, over $100!), he said I needed to get them.  When we got home, I checked our local Ross, I had seen them in there in the past, but I was out of luck.  Nothing in a 12. For some reason though, I kept looking down the line, and there was a pair in a 10.  I stood there holding them for awhile, putting them back, picking them up, arguing with myself.... I finally gave up and tried them on.  THEY FIT!!!  You better believe I bought those bad boys.  My point of this ramble is, that moment right there was ten time better than any 6 pounds on a scale.  So, please keep this in mind on those days, or weeks, when you feel like you aren't making a difference.  Because you are, you just have to look in places other than the scale!





No comments:

Post a Comment