Monday, November 19, 2012

I ran! And made pot roast....

So before I even knew I was pregnant I noticed I was having a hard time running. I would be out of breath after a quarter mile, and couldn't fathom finishing my normal 3 mile routine.  So for the past 6 or so weeks, I really haven't ran much at all.. Other than one minute sprints in Intervals class.(which leave me huffing and puffing).. This morning, after a rather rough night of battling cold congestion and sore throat, I oddly felt brave and energized... My congestion had broke, I was able to breathe, and the dog was begging to get out, so we went. After a quick warm up walk I decided to give it a shot, and I started to jog..... and I kept going... and going!  I stopped about halfway through my 3 miles and walked for 2 minutes, and then got right back to the jog.  Granted, this is a much slower pace than my normal jog would be, as I have to keep my heart rate under 140, but, it was better than nothing! And let me tell you, it was awesome, I felt like myself again, for the first time in weeks!  I can't wait to do it again!  I hope it's a sign that I am moving out of the "So tired all I want to do is sleep phase" of this journey!

In other news, last night for dinner we had Pot Roast.  I have avoided it lately because my favorite recipe uses a packet of ranch mix, a packet of Italian dressing mix, and a package of gravy mix.... all processed, fake, and full of additives which I am trying to avoid.... So after much searching I found the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast Recipe.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/2008_the_year_of_the_pot_roast/

I have to say, it is a perfect replacement to my old recipe.  It was delicious.  I did all the beginning steps as she outlines, however after searing the meat and deglazing the pan, I moved everything to the crock pot and cooked it on low for about 6-7 hours.  Yum!  

Speaking of "keeping it real" Thanksgiving is just around the corner... I have to admit, it's going to be a cheat day around here.  I think I am going to stick to regular old classics, maybe I'll tackle holiday recipes next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment