Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Home sweet Hotel.

I feel like a gypsy.  We left our house last Wednesday and stayed the night up in Shingletown, Thursday we checked into the a hotel here in town, Saturday we left for Fresno, and stayed in a hotel there Saturday night.  My dad was elected Commander of the Department of California for the American Legion.  We are all very proud of him, and know he is the perfect guy for the job!  Here we are at the Department convention in Fresno on Sunday-



We checked into a different hotel back in Woodland when we returned Sunday (the original hotel didn't have a pool!), then Monday night we had to move hotel rooms because the AC went out.  We are all settled in a new room now, with a bigger fridge... and Lilah is loving the pool.



It's been an adventure to say the least-  and I'm learning just how "minimalistically" (is that a word?  I don't care...) I can live.  I keep thinking of things I want to grab from the house- and then talking myself out of it.  

Trying to tell myself "it'll just be a few more days, you don't need it." 

 and "that's just more stuff to pack up when it's time to go home." 

Realistically though if I was able to go to the house I'd probably just go get all these things I think of!  I've been given strict orders to stay out though- and Andrew "lost" ( I'm thinking it was on purpose) my house key so I can't even sneak over there!

As of today they are still doing asbestos removal- it should be done today.  Then they need to retest and get clearance, then the water damage team can finish the dry out- THEN we can talk about reconstructing.  I feel like we have awhile still before we get to go home.  We were hoping to go home this weekend, but the asbestos team has taken longer than expected, and until at least the walls are rebuilt we need to stay in the hotel.  Missing walls in 110 degree weather isn't going to work for me.  

I am however, getting nervous about returning home the longer this takes!  I figured we'd be home days ago, and I could get everything unpacked and cleaned before Eleanor makes her arrival.  Now I am beginning to think I will be bringing Eleanor home to the Holiday Inn, and she will be there to help me unpack and clean once the time finally comes.  

Ok, let's get to the real stuff.  I've eaten like crap, and missed a few workouts.  I am tired, our schedules are a wreck, I can't cook, it's freaking hot, and I'm going to have this baby any day I think. There ya go, my list of excuses!  I'm TRYING to do my best- I've gotten Nugget's salad bar instead of McDonald's, I've had apples and whole wheat tortillas with PB for dinner instead of Taco Bell.... but I've also had shakes from Sonic, and M&Ms.  It's stress eating, it's comfort food, it's convenience, and maybe 5% pregnancy cravings.   I'm really trying to get my workouts in though.  I've made it to a few classes at the gym, went for a good walk with Marie in Shingletown, I even did Zumba twice... I hate Zumba- but it's what was available when I had the free time so I did it.  This morning I went and walked around target for about 40 minutes- got in 4000 steps!  Tonight I will go to Ultimate conditioning at the gym.  I went to it last night as well.  Monday I even got ALL green!  I was pretty proud of myself!  Almost did it yesterday, but I slept in so I didn't get my hourly activity at 7:00 am.



I need to start thinking about what I want to do after the baby is born  I want to do something new and fun, some sort of program that will give me motivation and accountability.  I know what I need to do, I know how to work out, I know what foods to eat, but I work harder for other people- instructors, coaches, etc- so I want a program.  Any suggestions??

Oh- Baby update.... I am 11 days from my due date.  I've had some contractiony type feelings but I think they are more braxton hicks that real contractions.  Having some mild back pain today, but that's really about it so far.  Check up Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment