Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Have some self control.... No really, please do.

I’m still here…. I’ve been quiet because it’s been busy around here.  We are in the last week of school for the year and I am on my last week of work before maternity leave- so things have been hectic! 

Saturday was a success!  I dropped my car of at Big O for my oil change- and went for a walk (with slight jogging spurts).  Decided to dust off my Couch to 5k app…. Started from the beginning- Week 1… it’s been a LONG time since Week 1 was the best I could do {sad face}.  But- I did it. 



After that it was all party mode.  It was SO. Damn. HOT.  Gross.  I am so sorry everyone, and thank you for bringing your littles anyway- Lilah had so so so much fun, so to me, it was worth all the sweat.  She told me on the way home “Mom, I had so much fun at my birthday”- music to my ears.




Sunday was a rest day- got my steps in though- running errands, shopping, chores, etc. 

Monday was UJam- have I mentioned yet that I love it?  I do.  It’s fun, and upbeat, and I can modify to make sure I’m no over doing it.  I did a quick mile on the Elliptical before class for a little extra.  Not sure what my calorie burn has been because my fitbit is hanging on by a thread, and my new one isn’t due to be here until Friday… How will I ever survive!?

Last night was Charlie’s class.  I took Andrew with me this week.  Thought it would be good for him since he does most of her walks at home.  He did really well with her!  And she actually did really well too- she doesn’t do so well for me- I’m sure it’s because I have ZERO patience and she can sense my fuming frustration!  Ha!



Tonight is that “strength training class that has no name” that I tried last week.  I am looking forward to it!  Hoping to get to the gym a little early and do some cardio before class.


Now- on the other side of things…. Nutrition.  Terrible.  Plain and simple!  LoL.  I had fast food again… ugh.  And Candy- I keep eating candy.  A piece here, and piece there, but it all adds up! I don't know why it's been so hard for me to use self control!  I've done it in the past like a champ, lately though- I can't find it anywhere! I’m hoping once I am on maternity leave I can curb the mindless snacking.  I honestly think I will be pretty busy and on the go so that should help.  And I never got to the grocery shopping last weekend- so my healthy options are very limited in the house right now… and have I mentioned how HOT it is, the last thing I want to do is cook dinner!!  It’s miserable.  My back hurts, my feet are swollen and it’s a bazillion degrees, who wants to stand in the kitchen like that and cook? I see lots of salads in our future.  So that is a goal for next week- clean up the eating.  I have to, you know what they say- you can’t out exercise a bad diet….



Gah- and the plank challenge- I keep forgetting!  I vow to start TONIGHT.  Anyone else?  I could use some accountability!


5 comments:

  1. Your work is truly appreciated round the clock and the globe. It is incredibly a comprehensive and helpful blog. Fit To Fat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web
    site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    click here to know more about cosmetic dentistry

    ReplyDelete