Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Week 1 review....

I lost 2 1/2 pounds.

Meh.

Not was I was hoping for.  I was hoping for that epic week one loss.  You know the one - the water weight one, lol.  Whatever it may be, it's a great motivator.  I see that big loss and it makes me want to keep it up, it tells me "You can do this, you rock", it makes me feel like the hard work is worth it.  

2 1/2 pounds doesn't quite do it for me.  

However, I will plug on.  I didn't do so hot over the weekend.  I had a piece of pizza Friday night- but declined cake.  Then I had a ball park hotdog and stole some of Ari's fries on Saturday- but passed on the donuts.  So I could have done worse, but I didn't do great.  I've been on track Sunday through today though.  2 workouts Monday, and a good workout this morning, with another one scheduled tomorrow morning.  Food has been boring but healthy.  Bought a few of those Dole salad kits and have been having them for lunch and dinner- adding some chicken or protein to them.  they are pretty good- packed full of greens, and easy to make with no kitchen.

In other news-  I love supporting mom shops.  Hard working moms finding time to create stuff at home and sell it to me.  I'd rather give them my money than Walmart, that's for sure.  

This week I received two orders from "mom shops".  I ordered 3 of these mugs for Lilah's teachers:


Today was her last day in the 2/3 year olds class.  Next week she moves up to the 3/4 year old class.  We absolutely LOVE the teachers she has had- so moving on is bittersweet.  Anyhow-  I got these mugs from BlumeCreations.  Shipping was super fast, and she was very pleasant to deal with.

My second order was something close to my heart.  If you know me well- you know my forearm tattoo has arrows that represent each of my children and is in reference to Psalm 127:3-5.  I happened to stumble across Aquiverfull on instagram and fell in love.  With her products, with her message, with her heart.  She also happened to be doing a big sale, which helped.  I order myself an arrow necklace, and the girls matching tops (I know, I know, I'm THAT mom #sideeye)

I made the necklace photo black and white as a courtesy- It's an impromptu "I need a picture of this necklace for this post, and I have no make up on, and probably am covered in baby spit".  Also- don't judge me by my eyebrows.  I promise to get them done tomorrow- scouts honor!



I can't wait to see the girls in their matching shirts.  Don't worry, you KNOW I will post pictures.

Latest on the house- it's been painted, yahoo!  And today I picked out our new floors.  I am excited to get new floors, but was kind of hoping they could match the existing so they didn't have to rip up the hallway and bathroom.

The left is before- right is now.  


And this is a sample of the floor I picked.


That's about it for news around here.  Wish me luck on Friday's weigh in.... 







No comments:

Post a Comment