Tuesday, May 31, 2016

9 more Working Days...

9 working days until Maternity leave.  Thank goodness!  I am ready.  This whole work thing really gets in the way of other stuff.  

I used to get up at 3:30 a few mornings a week so that I could go to the gym at 4:00 and get my workout done.  However, with this wonderful pregnancy insomnia, I just. can't. do. it.  I am awake a few time a night as it is, and not getting great sleep, so the 3:30 alarm just isn't happening.  



Which means I have to squeeze my gym time into the evening- also when we have baseball, scouts, meetings, puppy class, etc.  It's hard.  

Anyhow- I made it to the gym Thursday for Ujam!  Yay, and again Sunday- cardio and weights.  Bringing my grand total to 4 days last week.  I'll take it!  

I did NOT make it there yesterday however, we were out all day enjoying the day off and time got away from me. I did do a good amount of walking though. But now I realize that I wish I would have squeeze a workout in somewhere- because today isn’t going to happen either.  We have Scouts, Baseball AND puppy class all at once this evening.  So as I said, 9 more days…. 9 more days of juggling.  Then I can breathe.  Once I am on leave I can get up and go first thing in the morning and then get on with my day- and I can’t wait. In the mean time I am just going to do my best.  I will get to the gym tomorrow and hopefully Thursday and Friday, too.  Saturday is Lilah’s birthday party- so It’s bound to be a busy day- but if I plan well I can make it a priority in the morning.  If I can stick to that I will still hit my 4 days.... we will see.

Now, food.  I’ve actually done Okay!  I’ve stuck to my 80% rule rather well…(80% real food). And I only slipped once on the fast food- Had a sausage biscuit from Carl’s Jr. yesterday.  Damn it.  I can only be so strong!  I did some shopping this weekend and got some staples- so I should be ok this week as well- I hope.

The main thing though, is I’m getting back in the right frame of mind.  I’m making a conscious effort to plan my workouts into my day, and thinking twice when making food choices instead of eating whatever whenever because I think I can. 

Oh!  I also got some a peek at a fun new program courtesy of Katie, and I am excited to try it.  Have you heard of the Fit Girl 28-day jump start?  I’ve been following them for a while- and after reading the program I am thinking I will use it post-partum.  Check it out if you haven’t heard of it…. And if you have- or have tried it- please share your experience and results! 




No comments:

Post a Comment