Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chicken.....No fancy name..and a hodge podge of other random food.

Just chicken.... I made it up, so I don't have a fun catchy name for it!  I was at a loss yesterday and just started throwing things in the crock pot....

8 Chicken breast tenderloins (frozen)
2 cups of pureed tomato (I added a chopped up de-seeded jalapeno before pureeing)
minced garlic
minced onion
Cumin
Cayenne Pepper

Threw it all in the crock pot and let it cook for about 5-6 hours, then I added 2 cups of corn kernels, and 2 cups of pinto beans, and let it cook on low for another hour or so.

I served it over brown rice, everyone loved it! Quick and easy!

My to do list this week included making whole wheat biscuits  and whole wheat tortillas from scratch.... and MAYBE attempting whole wheat french bread... I have to stay home and wait for the cable guy Thursday, so that is probably when I will get to this list...

Speaking of whole wheat bread... I make whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread last week.  It was "ok".  I need to work on the recipe, it was a bit dry, and a little bland.  But if I toast it and put pb or cream cheese on it, it's a good breakfast. Andrew likes it, Kate doesn't like raisins, so I didn't bother, lol!

Here is the recipe I used, and this is for a bread machine...

Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread
(adapted from 100daysofrealfood.com)


INGREDIENTS
  • 3 cups whole-wheat flour
  • 4 teaspoons cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • ½ cup oil 
  • 4 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons yeast
  • 1 cup raisins
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Follow your bread machine’s directions for making a whole-wheat raisin loaf. 

There you have it... it's a combination of 100daysofrealfood.com's recipe, and my bread machines recipe, I just need to figure out how to make it come out moister....

Sorry, I have zero pictures for any of this stuff today!  Slacker!

OH!  I will also be trying a faux "Ice cream"...Peanut butter and banana's, yum! Thank you Kristen for trying it and recommending it! Review to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment